Join our fantastic team of NOISE Volunteers
About volunteering @ noise
The NOISE volunteers are a proper top bunch of creative movers and shakers who help the NOISE Team in the day-to-day running of the organisation. From graphics and web content management, to marketing and PR, each one of our placements get loads of tip-top experience and on-the-job skills to take their career to the next level.
Whether you are looking to get some experience over your college/uni break, you’ve just graduated or you’re looking to test the water in the creative industries, our placements could be just for you. We’re looking for the next cohort of creative industry geniuses to learn the ropes here at NOISE.
This is an exciting opportunity to find out what goes on behind the scenes of a busy, award-winning creative industries organisation and a national charity. We can’t promise super-stardom, but a little nod from NOISE can be a worthy addition to any CV. Our volunteers have gone on to some really big and wonderful things as a result of their time with NOISE.
These are unpaid, voluntary placements, with a contribution towards your travel (local) and lunch.
This is an ongoing call for volunteers; there are no deadlines for new applicants, so scroll down further to see if you fit the bill.
- Fantastic communication skills
- First-class knowledge of working with computers (word processing, emails, etc)
- Super team player and uses one’s own initiative to make creative decisions
- Enthusiastic from the get go
- Well versed about NOISE and the wonderful things we do
- Quick learner, thinker and do-er – it’s pretty fast paced round these parts
- Reliable (a must!)
Main day-to-day tasks
- Assisting the core NOISE Team
- Building and updating databases
- Communication with NOISE Artists (e.g. trouble shooting, contacting them for opportunities)
- Marketing (e.g. researching sources of talent, promoting our services to emerging talent across the land as part of a national Street Team)
- Representing NOISE at local networking events to help spread the NOISE love
- Event/ Project planning assistance
- Talent Spotting
- General administration and office tasks
Ideally 2 days (Mon-Fri), 10-6 (can be flexible for lectures etc). Minimum of 1 month.
Preference will be given to those that can do more than 1 day per week.
NOISE HQ, Manchester City Centre
Street Team positions are available nationwide, please see below for further information about how you can spread the word about NOISE in your area.
If you reckon you’ve got what it takes to be a NOISE Volunteer, please send your CV/ link to your NOISE Portfolio and a covering email to communications@NOISEfestival.com
Covering email Top tips
We’ve seen our fair share of CVs /covering letters; they can all start to look the same, a bit boring and far too two dimensional for our liking. Here’s how to improve yours:
- Stand out from the crowd and wow us (no animated GIFS or glittery HTML, that’s like so 2006 MySpace).
- Spell check is your best mate. Check, double check and triple check those spellings!
- Tell us more about you; a list of qualifications is dead useful, but what do you like doing in your spare time? What floats your boat? We’d like to get a true sense of your personality by the time we’ve got to the bottom your email.
- Include your relevant work/employment history. We all probably delivered papers when we were 10, but we don’t really need to know that (even if you have got a dead good reference).
- We can spot a cut and paste jobby from a mile-off; some people even leave in the name of the company they last applied to! Make your application relevant to this position.
We receive loads of enquires, so we’ll try our darndest to get back to everyone individually.
NOISE STREET TEAM 2014
You will help to tell the up and coming talented creative types in your area about NOISE Festival 2014 and the amazing opportunities it can bring, like endorsement from top Creative Industry professionals, profiling in national & international media, inclusion in exclusive showcase events and potential jobs or mentorship.
We’re looking for enthusiastic people who are super passionate about arts and culture. You’ll know where to find emerging creatives whether that’s open mic nights, pop-up exhibitions or meet-ups for creative groups where you can network like crazy and spread the NOISE love.